OUR MISSION is (1) to embrace our baptismal rights and responsibilities by speaking out with a united voice, thereby actualizing transformative change in the Catholic Church; and (2) to work towards the creation of a Church Community based on the Gospel values of inclusivity, justice and love.
Only when such structural and systematic transformations occur, will additional specific reform issues take place.
OUR OBJECTIVES are:
- to give reformers worldwide an opportunity to speak with one voice;
- to reinforce to the Vatican, to ourselves, and to Catholics everywhere that, by virtue of our baptism, we already have the right and responsibility to speak out for the good of our Church;
- to educate the faithful by encouraging them to think independently, to recognize the primacy of their conscience, and that it is their duty to speak out on matters that concern the good of our Church;
- to transform our belief that We are the Church into forward moving action steps reached in consensus; and
- to bring our Church back – in the spirit of Vatican II – to the values and spirit that Jesus modelled.